Refund & Return Policy
Our Return Policy
- If you are unsatisfied with any vehicle purchase, and the below restrictions are met, you can return it within 14 days from delivery. Cancellation fees apply. We always start return eligibility from the date of delivery, we didn't think it would be very fair otherwise
- Of course, we will pay return shipping costs if the return is a cause of our error (we are human too!). Don't hesitate to call us 415-289-9676
- If you purchase an item and that item goes on sale by us, we allow a 14 day price matching policy
- Most items and reservations are subject to a restocking or cancellation fee of 10% of the order total + shipping costs
- Before a return, the customer must have written approval of said return from Alien Rides through email@example.com
- Shipping not included, but subtract that from the total refund
- All original packaging materials are considered to be part of the final product and must be supplied with the return. This includes all foam, bubble wrap, styrofoam, boxes and cardboard. If the vehicle is not packaged properly, a full refund may not be issued
- For Rion and other items, please check our Exceptions /non-returnable items below
- If the vehicle has been used or ridden, returns are normally not allowed. If we agree, a return with a 20% restocking fee if the vehicle has been used but is still in excellent condition and has less than 5 miles on the odometer. Excluding the true cost of both shipping to and returning to us. If we receive the vehicle back and notice any damage, or missing materials we may reject the return and ship back to you at your cost. Please make sure there is no damage or missing materials including packing styrofoam.
- We will charge an additional 3.5% (Credit Card Processing Fee) on all items ordered online prior to shipping. Please call us immediately if there's a mistake at 415-289-9676.
Please note return processing can take on average anywhere from 10-30 days upon delivery back to us. Most times return refunds are processed way faster than that.
If any vehicle stops working or has major issues within the first 5 miles on the odometer we will cover shipping both ways and resolve your issue or ship you a replacement vehicle promptly.
Damages and Issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. Pictures and video will speed up the process, please provide as much details as possible
DO NOT ride or use your product. We will not accept returns of vehicles that have been ridden without restocking fee and confirmation unless stated otherwise
If the vehicle determined damages through shipping, we will do the following:
- Parts will be sent free of charge.
- If you need help with installing any part, we will be happy to assist you over text or video call.
- If parts are unavailable, we will get them for you as soon as possible.
- We offer repair, but you are subject to paying one-way shipping at no labor/parts cost
- Non-warranty damages and issues may be sent in for repair at a labor rate of $150/hr. We will not pay for shipping.
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like personalized and customized goods (Example: Controller). Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
We do not accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
Items that are custom made to order are subject to a higher restocking fee of 25%. This includes batteries, the RION APEX and any modifications.
All battery returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee, along with labor rates for installation (if applicable) deducted from the refund as well. For example, if you purchased a $1,000 range extender with a Vsett, it would be subject to a 25% fee, along with another $150 installation fee being deducted. Your total refund would be $600.
Helmets and protective gear have a 14 day return window and are only accepted with all original stickers and packaging.
Printed for order 3D printed items are not returnable.
We are not liable if a software update bricks your wheel.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
You are allowed to change your pre-order item once before we will charge a 3.5% transaction fee. Example: Changing your order from the Master Samsung 50E to the Master Molicel is not subject to a fee, but if you switch back to the 50E, you will pay an additional 3.5% fee.
Pre-order deposits are refundable, minus cancellation fees, up until three months after the arrival notification. After three months without the remaining balance payment, pre-order deposits are no longer refundable.
If you'd like to cancel your pre-order, please send us an email containing your order number stating that you'd like to cancel. We do charge a 3.5% transaction fee for all pre-order cancellations. You will receive an email confirming your cancellation once it is processed on our end, and a subsequent email confirming your refund has been processed.