1. Go to iOS or Play store and search for "Begode"
2. Download and install App
3. Press search in the app and connect your your K6
4. Turn on K6 by pressing the center button mounted on the left handlebar
5. Press and hold the right arrow button while simultaneously rapidly tapping the horn button IN THE APP 4 times. A long beep will follow after it unlocks
6. Cycle the power to save the settings
May take 4-6 fast button presses on the iPhone/Android horn to unlock
If you find that it does not unlock, give us a call 9AM - 5PM (weekdays) AND 9AM - 4PM (weekends) at 415-289-9676
After hours urgent questions call Kevin G. 415-234-0720
K6 uses DOT3 brake fluid. DOT 3 brake fluid will absorb less water than DOT 4 from the air over time, meaning you'll need to have your fluid changed less frequently. DOT 4 brake fluid has higher dry and wet boiling points, making it safer for higher temperatures.
After the unit is unlocked and ready to ride, here are some pointers on how to use it.
- Double tap the center button on the button cluster once the unit is on to change between mode 1 and mode 2.
- Long-pressing the center button while in motion will enable or disable cruise control, but only in mode 1. Cruise control is not available for mode 2.
- Mode 1 is limited to ~50km/h, and the throttle will target a specific speed. You can engage "one-pedal driving" auto-braking mode while in mode 1 by pressing the center button when the throttle is not engaged. This will engage regenerative braking when the throttle is released. You can then adjust the auto-braking strength from 1 (weakest) to 6 (strongest) using the arrow keys. Press the center button once more to exit auto-braking mode.
- Mode 2 has no speed cap, and the unit free-spins to ~100kmh. In this mode, auto-braking is not available, and the throttle targets a specific amount of power. Think of mode 2's throttle like a gas pedal, changing how much "fuel" is allowed to be used by the "engine", whereas mode 1's throttle linearly maps the throttle position to the unit's target speed, giving a more scooter-like feel.
- If auto-braking is not enabled for your unit, and/or if you notice cruise control engaging automatically in mode one if you keep a constant speed, please update the firmware to the latest available version for the K6 in the Begode app.