Hyper Charger Instructions
Alien Rides Hyper Charger Instructions
Before using the Alien Rides Hyper Charger, take the time to read this document thoroughly.
Inspect the charger for any damage to the charger's body and the wires. Ensure nothing has gotten into the vents or the fans on the charger. DO NOT PLUG IN THE CHARGER IF YOU SEE ANY DAMAGE. Do this each time you use the charger.
Setting Up the Charger
When using the charger with any personal electric vehicle, take the time to ensure you correctly adjust the charger for the specific settings appropriate for that vehicle. Incorrect setup can result in permanent damage or worse.
Plug the charger into a power outlet
DO NOT PLUG INTO YOUR PEV CHARGE PORT YET!!
- Using the rotary knob on the rear of the charger, push the knob in twice to enter current adjust mode (Figure 1)
- Rotate the rotary knob counterclockwise while monitoring the voltage on the LCD screen, and rotate until the voltage begins to decrease. (Figure 2)
- Rotate the rotary knob clockwise one full rotation, the charger is now set to about 1 Amp, however it will still display 0 Amps, the voltage reading may increase.
- Push the rotary knob to set the current, this switches the charger into voltage adjust mode.
Rotate the knob while monitoring the voltage on the LCD screen
Clockwise increases voltage, Counterclockwise decreases voltage
Note: if the voltage does not increase, press the rotary knob once, and repeat steps 4-6
- Set the maximum voltage to the desired voltage specified for the PEV you are charging (Figure 3)
- It is now safe to plug the charger into the charge port
- Monitoring the LCD screen verify the charger is reading more than 0 Amps and less voltage than the maximum voltage setting - the charger is now charging (Figure 4)
- Using the rotary knob adjust the current to the desired current setting. If the charger stops increasing the charging current you have reached the limit of the charging rate of the PEV. If this happens reduce the current of the charger, as this is not a safe charging rate.
When charging is complete, it is safe to disconnect without adjusting the settings
Begode EUC's have limits on charging:
Mten4 - 4 amps
Most 100 volts wheels - 9 amps (3 amps per pack)
Most 134 Begode wheels - 9 to 10 amps
Inmotion V13 - 12 to 13 amps
Inmotion V13 - 9 amps
Kingsong S22 10 amps
If you are having issues with Begode wheels not allowing charging , make sure you amps are below 9 amps, and you manually lower the current to 5 between 131- and 134.4 volts as to not overload the BMS balance resistors - If this happens current will drop to 0 amps until you lower the charger current.
1 year warranty. If the charger fails contact us. Damage due to improper operation, short circuiting the output, water damage, foreign objects, or impact/drops are not covered. Please take care to cover the charger if used at high current out in the open sun. See our warranty page for full details.